Small groups are the place where discipleship happens. Men's and women's groups gather each week for prayer, accountability and sermon discussion. Want to join a group? Contact us and we'll get you connected!
Small groups are each week!
If you are interested in connecting with us, please email us at email@example.com
Sex Under Attack
God’s Image Under Attack
Foundation: Sex under attack is God’s image under attack.
1. Do you have a proper view of sex?
Sex is not a result of the fall. Sex was created by God and is a gift when enjoyed within the boundaries of marriage (Gen. 1:27; 2:18-25). What part or aspect of this statement do you struggle with?
- Sex can be viewed as gross, as a god, or as a gift. Which one have you leaned towards in the past? Do you view or treat sex as only a means of reproduction, only a means of pleasure, or as a gift from the Creator?
- If you are single, are you treasuring sex for marriage? If you are married, do you treasure your spouse and your relationship? What action steps are you taking to treasure the above? (Repentance, forgiveness, faithfulness, etc.)
- Do you actively consider the needs of your spouse? Are you willing to consider the needs of your spouse? Do you and your spouse have open communication about what each other’s’ needs are? Read 1 Cor. 7:2-5
- Men, are you choosing to protect your family (present or future) and how so?
2. Where does your view need restored?
What past influences or experiences have hindered your view of sex as a gift?
- Are you seeking to please God in this area of life? Read Heb. 13:4
- What kind of accountability do you have in this area to help safeguard your walk with Jesus? Do you have people who are walking beside you?
- What are you doing to help strengthen your walk with Jesus, so your delight and satisfaction are found in Him?
Weekly Accountability Questions:
- How has your pursuit of God been? How are your disciplines? What has God been doing in your life? What are you learning? Be specific.
- What’s big in your life right now?
- How is your marriage/purity in mind and action?
- What is your biggest sin struggle? What do you specifically need prayer for?